Saturday, January 8, 2011

Story beginning 1

So I've been messing around with writing and I've started a story and would like to know your opinions on it and I'll probably post an alternate and I'd love it if you'd tell me witch you like best, how to improve/ continue. Remember though these are just starts and I have a plan the story will get better but I've always been horrid at starting/ ending my stories.
    As I climb out my second story window, I begin to wonder how great this idea really is. I’ve done it a few times but it still gets to me and being afraid of heights doesn't help any. I start crawling my way over to where the chimney is, there’s a vine that’s been there so long I think the only way it would come off the chimney is if we knock out the whole chimney. It’s pretty far away from my room but I make it there after a few minutes of crawling. I grasp the thick, dark green vine and find a place for my feet. I climb down quickly I was always better a climbing down it than I was going up. I jump to the ground when I’m about five feet off the ground and land gracefully on my feet. I guess the ten years of karate I was forced to take paid off. I can’t take any of the cars because they all have trackers in them and my parents will figure out I’m gone so enough, so I walk around the house to the back where there’s a garden and there’s also a spot under the fence I can crawl through. After pulling myself free of the fence I hop off my stomach and dust myself off, the part of my sleeve got caught on the fence and it got ripped. It wasn’t bad so I wasn’t too worried, actually I kind of like how it looks.
                 Right behind my house, it’s more of a mansion actually, is a forest I used to play here when I was little I loved how I could me myself and no one judged me, not out here. I don’t ever come out here anymore though because there was an accident when I was twelve so I avoid these woods as much as I can. I start walking out towards the road I won’t have to walk to far because Hunter my closest friend and the only one that I really trust and talk to has a car and is picking me up not too far away. I round the corner of the street and my house disappears and I see Hunter’s black pickup sitting there waiting for me with him in the driver’s seat.
                “Hey, Melody,” Hunter calls.
                “Hey, so what’re our plans for tonight?”
                “Hmm well we could go to Madison’s party,” he says while he scrunches up his nose. He doesn’t like Madison at all; he dated her for about a day and said she was one of the meanest people he’d ever met. I’m not too fond of her either.
                “No thanks,”
                “Alright we could go hang out with Robby and Chase, they said they didn’t have anything going on but I’m sure we could think of something.”
                “Yah, sure that’s always fun,” I said thinking of the last time we hung out with them and we had a scavenger hunt with lawn gnomes. It didn’t work out that well considering the people who lived over where we were didn’t really have lawns; they’re more like a box with some grass in it.
                “Haha yeah,” Hunter said obviously thinking of the same thing. It takes about thirty minutes to get over to where Robby and Chase live, once we make it over there we meet up with them at this run down park. All that’s left of it is some rusted playground equipment, but it makes a decent hang out spot.
                “Hey, hey,” yells Robby
                “Hey,” Hunter and I reply at the same time.
                “God, do you two always do that?”
                “No,” we say again at the same time and burst out laughing.
                “Haha very funny,” Rob says in a monotone voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment